The Paleo diet is a naturally nutrient-packed diet. Here are some excellent paleo meals for a quick bite.
Paleo meals: Fresh-Start Omelet
Start your day off with this nutrient dense breakfast. The combination of fresh veggies wrapped up in a protein packed Omega 3 eggs will boost your energy level. Pair it with fresh fruit, and you have a Paleo-powered meal!
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 stalk green onion sliced small
- ½ small carrot shredded
- ¼ cup fresh steamed broccoli florets
- 1 artichoke heart (if canned, water-packed and salt-free) cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ yellow, green, or red bell pepper cut into small pieces
- ½ cup each – fresh spinach, arugula leaves, and kale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, scramble the eggs and set them aside. Fry the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil in omelet skillet until softened. Add carrot, steamed broccoli, and bell peppers and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring consistently. Stir together greens and artichoke heart and cook for 1-2 minutes, until greens are soft. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set it aside.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Coat the pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Turn the heat to medium and pour in the eggs. Cook until the eggs become firm and small bubbles appear on the surface. Add the greens mixture and fold in half. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until ready. Bon Appetit!
Paleo meals: High Octane Smoothie
Smoothies are an excellent way to combine all the benefits of veggies and fresh fruits, and they’re a breeze to prepare.
This delicious treat is loaded with nutrients and will have you powered during your workout. Mix these ingredients with your best-loved fresh Paleo foods for maximum nutritional benefits.
- 4-6 fresh strawberries (stems removed)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into small pieces
- ½ avocado cut into pieces
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend them until you get a smooth fluid.
Paleo meals: Garden Harvest Salad
If nutritious and fresh is your goal, we have packed this salad with just what you need! Whether you grow your own veggies, raise your own farm chickens, or travel to the local farmers’ market, Paleo Diet followers will delight in this mixture of fresh-from-the-garden. Make sure to choose fresh, organic ingredients to provide the highest nutrient density when preparing and enjoying this meal.
- 1 organic chicken precooked
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped leaf lettuce
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 fresh tomatoes sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 green salad onions chopped
- ½ cup mixed vegetable sprouts (not bean sprouts)
- 1 large cucumber skinned
- 1 large yellow, green, or red bell pepper
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup walnut slices
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 centigrades). Skin the chicken meat into small pieces. Spread walnut pieces on a nonstick baking sheet and roast them for 10 mins in the oven. Stir the nuts 2-3 times while roasting to prevent burning. Once done pour them into a small bowl and let them cool down. Prepare the remaining ingredients and mix them together with the chicken and nuts.
Bon Appetit!Tags: nutrient-dense, Paleo diet, Paleo meals, Paleo recipes