The first thing to do immediately to brace yourself from cancer is to improve your nutrition. First, focus on filling your plate with nutrient-dense veggies and fruits, then add all of the other components that make a healthy nutrition. In our previous post, we talked about the best cancer-fighting superfoods, Now here are some recipes to get you started. Enjoy!
1. Cancer-Fighting Anti-Inflammatory Juice Recipe
Most diseases are due to inflammation. It damages your cells and arterial walls and can cause high cholesterol, high blood pressure, arthritis, and digestive disorders. If you reduce inflammation, your body will be better able to heal from any disease. And this anti-inflammatory juice recipe is the perfect blend which will help you support your body’s natural defenses and reduce inflammation. Total time: 5 minutes Serves: 2 Ingredients:
- ½ cucumber
- 4 celery stalks
- ½ green apple
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 knob ginger
- 1 lemon
Add all ingredients to a veggie Gently stir juice and consume immediately.
2. Cancer-Fighting Pumpkin Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
This recipe is a No. 1 by all who have tried it. It is gluten-free, qualifies as a whole high-fiber food and is scary delicious! Try it so that you won’t be sorry! Total time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Ingredients:
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake flour
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine ingredients wet in a bowl (except blueberries).
- Whisk in dry ingredients but carefully to avoid clumping.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Heat the coconut oil in pan over medium
- Pour about 1/3 cups of batter and start to pop, flip and repeat cooking.
- Serve while warm with blueberry and maple syrup.
3. Cancer-Fighting Kale Chips Recipe
You have probably heard about the health benefits of kale, right? This kale chips recipe is excellent for an on-the-go healthy snack! It is so easy to make and veery good for you. But be careful, it is a favorite and will not last long! Total time: 15 minutes Serves: 2 Ingredients:
- 1 bunch chopped kale
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Chop kale into 1cm pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients in a big bowl and massage the lemon juice, oil, and sea salt into the kale using hands.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
4. Cancer-Fighting Gluten-Free Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Macaroni and cheese is a food favorite for a good reason. It is hot, cheesy, and DELICIOUS! But if you have ever looked at the ingredients on that blue box, you will know it is full of a lot more than macaroni and cheese. And while homemade versions are tasty too, they are not necessarily healthier – loaded with calories, refined carbs and piles of cheese, they offer little-to-no nutritional benefits. Does this mean you have to give up your fav food? No way! Instead, let’s give macaroni and cheese a makeover. Using cauliflower, 2 types of cheeses loaded with goat’s milk benefits and protein-rich kefir, you will get a deliciously healthy version of your long-time fav. Total time: 30-40 minutes Serves: 4-6 Ingredients:
- 1 big cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- ½ cup goat’s milk cottage cheese, pureed
- ½ – ¾ cup kefir
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups grated goat’s or sheep’s milk cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Grease 20cm x 20xm pan with ghee.
- Bring a pot with salted water to boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, around 5 Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Smear in the prepared pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix the cottage cheese, mustard, and kefir until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese, black pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder until the cheese just begins to melt. Pour over the cauliflower and stir. Top with the additional cheese if desired and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Cancer-Fighting Teriyaki Baked Salmon Recipe
This teriyaki baked salmon is so easy to make AND easy to CLEAN UP! Baking it in foil keeps the salmon moist and makes a delicious flavor! It is full of omega-3 fatty acids and is sure to impress! Total time: 30 minutes Serves: 4 Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (a healthier version of soy sauce)
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 skin-on, boneless wild caught salmon fillets (170 grams each), at room temperature
- sea salt and black pepper
- coconut oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 190 de Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, coconut aminos, lemon juice, sesame oil, mustard, garlic, sea salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon onto te prepared baking sheet and fold up the all four sides of the foil. Pour the mixture over the salmon. Fold all sides of the foil over the salmon, completely covering and sealing the packet closed.
- Put into oven and bake until cooked thoroughly, about 15-20 minutes.
Do make these cancer-fighting food recipes. Bon Appetit!Tags: Anti-Inflammatory Juice., Cancer-fighting food, Gluten-Free Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese, Kale Chips, Pumpkin Blueberry Pancakes, Recipes, Teriyaki Baked Salmon