Want to have a low-calorie diet for breakfast? Check out our diet breakfast recipes which are the perfect way to begin your day. These smoothies and more healthy breakfast ideas taste delicious and will keep you satiated until lunch and prevent you from snacking. Quick, healthy and delicious, I think it’s time you give our low-calorie diet breakfasts a try.
1. Soft-Boiled Eggs and Toast Soldiers
Soft-boiled eggs with toast soldiers are very simple to make and tasty too. Simply cut toast into strips/soldiers and serve with dippy eggs for a healthy and fun breakfast.
- 2 pieces whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 large eggs
- Ground pepper
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover them with water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and let them stand for 2 or 3 minutes for soft-set yolks.
- Cut toast into strips (soldiers)
- Transfer the eggs to egg bowl or cups. Tap the top with a spoon to crack the shell and remove. Season with pepper and salt. Serve with toast “soldiers.”
2. Ricotta and Yogurt Parfait
Similar to a lemon cheesecake, this healthy diet breakfast recipe is easy and simple to throw together in the morning. Or just stir together the filling in a jar or something the night before and top with the fruits, nuts, and seeds when you get to work (or school).
- ¾ cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Combine the yogurt, lemon zest, and ricotta in a bowl. Top with almonds, raspberries, and chia seeds.
3. Bagel Gone Bananas
Want a grab-and-go breakfast? This bagel topped with banana slices and nut butter is ready in just 5mins and easy to eat on the go.
- 2 tbsps natural nut butter, like almond, peanut, or cashew
- 1 whole-wheat bagel, split and toasted
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- Stir together the nut butter, honey, and the salt in a small bowl. Split the mixture between bagel halves and top with the banana slices.
4. Quick Taco Breakfast
A smaller cousin of the burrito breakfast, the taco breakfast made with reduced-fat Cheddar and egg alternative is a satiated and healthy breakfast option.
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsps shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp salsa
- ½ cup liquid egg alternative, such as Egg Beaters
- Top tortillas with cheese and salsa. Heat in a microwave until the cheese melts, about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, coat a nonstick skillet with a cooking spray. Heat over medium heat, add egg alternative and cook until the eggs are cooked through about 90 seconds. Then divide the scrambled egg between the tacos.
5. Banana-Cocoa Soy Smoothie
With a lot of protein from both soymilk and tofu, this banana-split-inspired smoothie will keep you satiated until lunchtime.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup silken tofu
- 2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- Slice the banana and freeze until firm. Blend soymilk, tofu, cocoa, and honey in a blender until smooth. While the motor running, as the banana slices in the hole in the lid and continue to puree until smooth.
6. Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
This berry smoothie made with pomegranate juice packs lots of satiation from banana and cottage cheese.
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup water
- Combine pomegranate juice, mixed berries, cottage cheese, banana, and water in a blender. Then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
7. Potato, Asparagus, and Mushroom Hash
Made with potato, asparagus, mushrooms, and roasted red pepper, this hash has a fresh, springtime taste. Serve with whole-grain toast and an egg on top.
- 1 pound new potatoes, scrubbed, halved if large
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut in ½ -inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 4 ounces (shiitake, if possible) mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh sage
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Place a steamer basket in a big saucepan, add 1 inch of water and put to boil. Put the potatoes in the basket and steam ‘till barely tender when pierced with the skewer, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size. Then chop into ½ -inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, asparagus, garlic and shallot and cook, often stirring, until starting to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining 2 tbsps oil in the pan. Insert the potatoes and onion and cook, occasionally stirring until the potatoes are browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Put the asparagus mixture to the pan along with the roasted red pepper, sage, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, around 1 minute more. Serve sprinkled with chives.
So there you have it! Healthy breakfast ideas that’s super quick to make even for a busy mum like you 🙂
Which one are you going to try ? let me know your favorite one by leaving a comment below
I hope you enjoy these delicious recipes. Bon Appetit.Tags: diet breakfast recipes, low-calorie recipes, Smoothies